700 artists/groups, 45 clubs, 5 days, 1 wristband giving entry to all…starts Wed. March 10th, 2010.
2a) Figure out how long to stay at each show, know when to get in & get out. Use audio/voice recorder for audio notes as I go…Check mobile internet for latest updates (Be prepared to change plans on the dime, ie. cancellations, delays, travel/traffic, random violence, etc.)
2b) E-mail, tweet, contact indie record labels to try to secure more interviews (I missed the cutoff deadline with the music fest to get “official press accreditation” to interview…my bad) I’m always doing plan B instead of A.
2c) Always have a plan C.
3. Issue a Craigslist advertisement/job to find a photographer/videographer (tripod – I provide) to take live exclusive “performance footage”. More footage taken = more hits/views…from fans in Europe, China, Australia, etc. who like Canadian Indie, yet cannot afford the busfare to get here. In return said photo/videographer get’s their name on everything I use, on all my sites, & I WILL USE A LOT OF IT!
4. Finish 2010 Indie Award – nominees series for The Examiner (I think I’m 80% done).
5. Get all the local indie music papers pronto, since this is the week before (want no surprises…if possible).
6a) Keep ear to the ground when at the events, to spot other artists/groups milling around before & after their performances to get possible impromptu/spontaneous “mini-interviews”.
b) Stay away from the drunks, out of control dancers & be kind and courteous to all bouncers/waitstaff/bartenders. Not a good time to get hurt, so remove myself from situations that increase the possibility of getting hurt.
7. Know when the “key shows” the can’t misses, & don’t miss them.
8. If I sense someone is in the music industry, or if I recognize a famous person, make sure I find a way to say “hello” & give them my business card.
9. Make sure cell phone, voice recorder & any other tech shizz is fully charged, I brought the charger. Bring paper pad & pens (just in case techie stuff breaks).
10. Don’t forget to eat, drink, sleep, excrete…lol
*Remember: 5 days to create many lead stories & contacts. No fear, be in the zone… just do it on automatic…like a guerilla Chinese Strombo.
See ya at the fest,
~Jason aka. Chodidee
Credits: Starring: Alicia Silverstone and Alanis Morissette
Directed by: Steve Carr
Written by: Lauren Palmigiano
Produced by: Lauren Palmigiano, Mike Farah, Jason Taragan
Baby Hitchhiker: Gary Owen
Director of Photography: David Thies
AC: Ryan VanAusdall
Camera: Will Shipp
Audio: Jason Perez
Editor: Ross McNamara
Post Sound: Jayce
Production Assistants: Zak Zeman, Josh Simpson
Alicia Make up: Shauna O’Toole
Alicia Hair: Gregory Russell
Alanis Make up: Kayleen McAdams
Wardrobe: Emilie Pereira
Special Thanks: Alissa Vradenburg, Lisa Giglio, Karey Dornetto
Hahaha! After I saw this video clip, I had to embed it! I didn’t expect their video to be so funny! Priceless 🙂